Our new to us, Passport was fantastic and very roomy having an abundance of storage space with a very nice bed for hubby and myself! We were so excited to own this bit of Americana adventure! After just a few trips, we quickly realized though, this wasn’t the right fit for our family. It’s a hard decision to narrow it down to just one RV. We used tips from our family and friends that owned some sort of an RV and looked at several. I believe we spent that entire summer at ever local RV show! We knew the brands we didn’t like and the brands we did and the brands we would continue dreaming about!
There is a great article from Reserve America that describes RV’s and really helps with all the basic information needed to narrow down your search. 6 Things to Ask Yourself When Buying an RV
Our conclusion was that we needed to look for another RV that better suited our family and needs. So we compiled a short list of our dislikes.
- Too long to comfortably maneuver small towns, smaller gas stations, tight camp sites
- Kids sleeping on the banquet and sofa
- Paper type coated counter tops
- Fake wood cabinets
- 10 year old RV prone to roof problems or delamination issues
- Dark interior
- Faded outside (made it look not as nice as the inside)
Since we knew we LOVED camping and wanted to continue on this adventure, we decided to look for a new RV. We both knew it had to be brand new or only a couple of years old. We just didn’t want to inherit issues and since we had a budget, but were able to increase our payments a bit, we started looking. We looked at many different ones, but ended up deciding on a 2017 Rockwood Mini Lite 2509s.
Mini Pearl had none of the dislikes of our previous RV. In addition, we got so much more! Some of our new favorite features included:
- Good length, measuring in at about 26″
- Corian counter tops with attachment for added counter space
- Solid wood cabinetry
- Full length awning (the entire length of the RV)
- Bunk beds so each kid has their own space
- Outside kitchen
- Outside TV Mount so you can enjoy the outdoors while watching TV
- Tons of outside storage compartments
- Frameless windows
- Light colored interior
- Large slide
- 2 year warranty option (which we did)
- Auto leveler
- Larger oven with 3 usable burners
- Kids can accommodate friends in the spacious bunks
- Lighter colored cabinets
- U shaped banquet
- Nice leather like cushions throughout to make for easy cleanup
Sometimes it’s trial and error, but we finally found our RV LOVE!
I believe you have to find what features work for you and your situation. There is not one right choice. If you are looking and thinking about the purchase of a new to you or upgraded RV, take your time and get what you think will LOVE!